Monday, June 13, 2016

Hotel Books



Hotel Books is a spoken word project started by Cam Smith in 2011.  Since the release of their first two albums, the band has changed a lot in terms of vocal style.  The ambient music in the background has remained mostly the same, aside from having more presence in their later material.  The band has started incorporating more singing in their music, and this is especially true of their latest release, Run Wild, Stay Alive.  I am absolutely in love with this band, and they were the ones who turned me on to spoken word music.


Everything We Could Have Done Differently (2013)

1. Sometimes I Feel Like Nothing
2. Nothing Ever Changes
3. Changes Consume Me
4. I Always Thought I Would Be Okay
5. I Never Thought I Would Be Okay
6. Ghosts Can't Love (Part I)
7. MM/DD/YYYY (Part II)
8. Beliefs [Upon Contact]
9. Books [Anti- What Have You]
10. Car Crash
11. Boundless [MMXII Minus Two]
12. All My Friends Are Trees (Part III)
13. Faithless [Am I]
14. Hollow Light / Hollow Lover
15. Empty Courage / Empty Heart


I'm Almost Happy Here, But I Never Feel At Home (2014)

1. Lose One Friend
2. Lose All Friends
3. Lose Yourself
4. Constant Collapse
5. Dreaming or Sinking
6. Two Eight One
7. America's Next Top Model
8. Cult Leader
9. Nicole
10. Lungs
11. Car Crash


Run Wild, Young Beauty (2015)

1. Run Wild, Young Beauty
2. Constant Conclusions
3. July (Part One)
4. I Died With You
5. Nothing Was Different
6. Love Life, Let Go (feat. JT Woodruff)
7. 813 Maryland St.
8. Wooden Floorboards
9. Two Steps Back
10. Nothing Was The Same
11. August (Part Two)
12. Ten Steps Forward


Run Wild, Stay Alive (2016)

1. Every Day, The Same
2. I Think You See Where This Is Headed
3. Where We Sleep Is Where We Dream
4. Constant Conflicts
5. Saltwater For Blood
6. Lesser
7. Friendly Crossfire
8. Can You Do Me A Kindness?
9. Alcoholocaust
10. Broke Love

No comments:

Post a Comment